Setting Up Email in Windows 10 Mail (Desktop) to connect to your Zimbra account (IMAP)
Here is how to Windows Native Mail on a Desktop Computer or tablet
- On the Start screen tap/click the Mail tile or search for Mail
- Select Mail App in the list.
- Tap/Click Accounts
- On the left side, tap/Clickon Add an account
- Scroll down to the end and Tap/Click Advanced Setup
- Tap/Click onInternet Email After that, enter:
- Email Address: Your full Email Address (<username>@<your-domain.xxx>)
- Username: Your full Email Address (<username>@<your-domain.xxx>)
- Password: The password you use to login to your Email account
- Incoming email server: your mail server name (zmail.his.com for example)
- Account type: IMAP4
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server: your mail server name (zmail.his.com for example) Then make sure those are checked:
- Outgoing Server requires authentication
- Use the same username and password to send and receive email
- Require SSL for incoming email
- Require SSL for outgoing email
Finally, click Sign in to save the changes you've made and setup the account.
- Click 'Done' to finish and you can now begin using your email account in Windows 10 Mail.