Enabling Secure Connections in iPhone/iPad
To Enable Incoming Email (POP/IMAP) SSL
From the Home screen, tap Settings.
Tap Accounts & passwords (Or Mail, Contacts, Calendars on older devices) and choose the desired email account.
Tap your account name again if needed
Scroll down and tap Advanced.
From the **Account->Incoming Mail Server" settings menu, slide Use SSL to ON.
Make sure the Hostname ends in his.com. It should look like: mail.his.com, psaXXX.his.com, zimbraXXX.his.com, zmailX.his.com.
Tap Server Port and make the following change:
For IMAP - 993
For POP - 995
Tap Account at the top to go back
To Enable Outgoing Email SSL
- From the Incoming Mail Server ->SMTP** menu, tap the primary outgoing server for the account. This will be the server name assigned to your domain.
- Make sure the Hostname ends in his.com. It should look like: mail.his.com, psaXXX.his.com, zimbraXXX.his.com, zmailX.his.com.
- Next to Use SSL, tap ON.
- Tap Server Port and change the port to 587. Wait until the phone verifies it.
If port 587 does not work: Some older apps also use port 465.
- Make sure Authentication is enabled and set to "Password".
- Tap Account at the top to go back.
- Tap Done.
You may need to restart your iPhone for the changes to take effect.