Setting up iPhone/iPad Mail App to Sync with a Zimbra mailbox as an Exchange account
This information was provided when your email account was setup. You will need to know:
- Your real name (e.g. J. Doe).
- Your full email address.
- Your password.
- The address of your Zimbra mail server: XXXX.his.com (where XXXX is the server name)
- From the Home screen go to Settings > "Mail, Contacts, Calendars or just Passwords & Accounts
- Select Accounts, then Add Account
- Select Add Mail Account then EXChange, then Add Mail Account
- Enter all of your relevant email account details:
- Name: Your name as you want it to appear.
- Email: Your full email address: username@domain.
- Server: The address of your Zimbra email server.
- Domain: Leave blank.
- Username: email@example.com.
- Password: your email password.
- Description: It will be automatically filled with "Exchange". You can change it if you like to your email address.
- Tap Next.
- A list of settings will appear.
- Under Incoming Mail Server:
- Host Name: Enter the mail server name .It should look like: XXXX.his.com.
- User Name: Enter your full email address .It should look like: firstname.lastname@example.org. .
- Password: Enter your email account password.
- Under Outgoing Mail Server
- Repeat the same information.
- Tap Next.Mail will attempt to connect to the server to verify the settings you entered.
After that you should see the Sync settings
- Slide to sync "Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders".
- Tap Save.
- Mail Days to Sync: Leave to the default:1 week
- Your account will now appear in the Mail or "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" section in your Settings.
- Your iPhone or iPad should now automatically send and receive email messages from your mailbox as well as sync to your Address Book and Calendar.
If you have problems sending mail
See: Enable SMTP Authentication for iPhone/iPad