Setting up an alias in Mac Mail
Make sure you have all the information you need to set up your account. If you don't, contact HIS Support. You will need to know:
- Your real name.
- Your main account user name.
- Your main account password.
- The full email address of the alias.
- The address of your mail server (mail.his.com).
Setting up an alias in Entourage for Mac
Sometime you have an alias setup that redirects to your main email account.
You can receive mail from those accounts in your main account
You'll need to set up a new Email account if you'd like to send mail out using the alias email address.
The alias has to be set up in a slightly different way than the main account.
Setting up an email alias in MacMail
- In Mail, choose Preferences from the Mail menu.
- Click Accounts.
- Select your master account (the one to which email from your alias addresses gets sent).
- Click Account Information and in the Email Address field, add all of the account's associated alias addresses, each separated by a comma.
- Save your changes.
Now when you get email, Mail will collect messages sent to your alias accounts (along with email sent to your master account), and put it all in a single Inbox. You can also send email from any alias account by choosing the desired address from the Account pop-up menu in a new message window.