Setting up Entourage for Mac
Lecacy. Entourage is now Outlook for Mac.
Make sure you have all the information you need to set up your account. If you don't, contact HIS Support. You will need to know:
- Your real name.
- Your user name.
- Your password.
- Your full email address.
- The address of your mail server (mail.his.com).
Setting up Entourage for Mac Snow Leopard
The following steps are the same whether the account is being configured for IMAP or POP, except where noted.
- From the Entourage Tools menu, choose Accounts.
- In the Accounts window, click New.
- If a small window titled "New Account. Add new mail account" appears: Choose IMAP or POP from the Account type pop-up menu, then click OK.
- If a window titled "Account Setup Assistant. Set Up a Mail Account" appears, click "Configure account manually." In the New Account window that opens, choose IMAP or POP from the Account type pop-up menu, then click OK.
- In the Account name field, give your account a descriptive name such as HIS, Work or Home.
- In the Name field, enter what you would like your recipients to see when they receive a message from you, such as your full name, company name, or even a nickname. Beneath that, enter your full his.com or hers.com email address.
- Enter your username (the left part of your email address before the @ symbol) into the Account ID field.
- Whether you use IMAP or something else, enter the server as mail.his.com .
Note: If you would like to use a secure connection to the email servers when checking for new messages, click "Click here for advanced receiving options" and then enable the "This IMAP server requires a secure connection (SSL)" option. The IMAP port number displayed will automatically change from 143 to 993.
If you're setting up the account as POP, the port will change from 110 to 995. Close the Advanced receiving options window when finished.
- Enter your his.com account password in the Password field.
The option to Save password in your ac OS keychain will be selected by default. If you leave this checked, your password will be securely stored in your computer's keychain so you won't need to enter it each time Entourage checks for new messages or sends an email.
- Enter the SMTP server as mail.his.com.
- Click the "Click here for advanced sending options" button.
Note: If you would like to use a secure connection to the his.com servers when sending messages, enable the 'SMTP service requires secure connection (SSL)' option.
- Select "Override default SMTP port" and change the port number from 25 to 587.
- Enable "SMTP server requires authentication" and "Use same settings as receiving mail server."
- Close the advanced sending options window.
- Click OK and your newly configured account will appear in the Accounts window.